How to Change the Battery of your Brewometer/Tilt
If you stop seeing measurements coming from your Brewometer/Tilt. Follow the steps below to change the battery.
- Rubber gloves (better grip for removing end caps)
- Battery (CR123A 3-volt, non-rechargeable battery). LiFePO4 rechargeable will work but are lighter and require multipoint calibration, other rechargeable will not (voltage too high).
- Pint glass of room-temperature tap water, make sure there are no bubbles in it for calibration.
- Unscrew end caps.
- Push internal assembly out of tube
- Pull out dead battery and discard immediately to avoid confusing new vs old.
- Insert fresh battery with positive (button end) toward weights.
- Insert assembly back into tube.
- Hand tighten circuit board end cap first, followed by weighted end cap. To improve calibration, make sure weighted end of assembly is pushed against cap.
- Drop into pint glass of tap water to calibrate and test for leaks.
- For more details, see the video below: