The Tilt repeater does what it sounds like. It repeats a Tilt hydrometer signal that is in range improving weak Bluetooth signals due to stainless steel, foam, refrigerators, and other signal blockers. It notably improves RF performance in stainless fermentors by repeating data to readouts and loggers like your iPhone, Android, Tilt Pi, and others. Simply place the Tilt repeater on top of the fermentor for an additional ~25 feet range. This extended range makes a big difference allowing the signal to reach more conveniently located logging stations. See picture and current specifications below:
- Use 300uA average allowing for 6 months on rechargeable battery.
- To meet energy requirement, repeat one Tilt color at a time, update reading every 2 minutes or less.
- Color repeated can be selected by cycling through presses of a button. Can be turned off.
- Size: 1 1/4" x 3 7/8" (32 x 99 mm)
- Food grade polycarbonate body, nitrile o-rings, and injection molded caps. Same design as 2nd generation Tilt but with larger o-rings to support larger battery.
- Waterproof for any overflow situation or hose off. However, it is not designed to float and/or be submersed.
- Battery: 18650 2600 mAh li-ion rechargeable with built in micro-USB charging port.
- Bluetooth/Processor: Espruino module (uses Nordic NRF52 chip, same chip as current Tilt).
- Open-source. Build your own or make modifications.
- Shipping Status: Beta units for testing. If you would like to help us test, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.