Tilt Pi Setup Instructions
See our Tilt Pi setup video here:
- Downloaded Tilt Pi SD card image. Get it here (for the "headless" server version) or here (server version plus support for HDMI out).
- PC/Mac laptop to configure SD card.
- Micro SD card, 8GB or more.
- SD Card Reader for above laptop (or use built-in SD card reader).
- Chrome or Firefox.
- Etcher for ‘burning’ the downloaded image to the 8GB SD card. Get it here.
- Raspberry Pi 3, 3 B+, or Zero W. Purchase here or any other retailer. Required accessories include a micro USB charging cable and high output (2,000 mA+ recommended for Pi 3) AC adapter.
- Tilt hydrometer powered on (float in water and watch for two green LED flashes on wake up). Get it here.
- 2.4 GHz capable WiFi router (only the Raspberry Pi 3 B+ supports 5 GHz routers)
Once you have put together the above 9 items, you can build your Tilt Pi. Below are the instructions:
- Burn “tiltpi2-stretch.img.gz” to 8GB+ SD card using Etcher.
- After burning complete, re-insert card into PC/Mac.
- Open “SETUP.html” file in Chrome or Firefox on the SD card named (“boot”) Follow instructions to create WiFi configuration file and Cloud Logging configuration file(s). You can configure cloud logging for each color of Tilt.
- After configuration files have been copied to the SD card, eject card and insert into Raspberry Pi.
- Plug-in Raspberry Pi with connected micro-USB cable and AC adapter.
- Within 2 minutes, Tilt Pi will detect your Tilt hydrometer and send an email with a link to your cloud log and a link to your Tilt Pi dashboard within your local WiFi network. Note: Tilt hydrometer must be powered on to complete setup.
Functions of the Tilt Pi app are similar to the iPhone/Android app. Please contact Baron Brew at email@example.com for any issues setting up your system.