Tilt Pi Setup Instructions
- Downloaded Tilt Pi SD card image file from Baron Brew. Get it here.
- PC, Mac, or Linux computer to configure SD card.
- Micro SD card, 8GB or more.
- SD Card Reader for above computer.
- Chrome or Firefox.
- Etcher for ‘burning’ an SD Card. Get it here.
- Raspberry Pi 3 or Zero W. Purchase here or any other retailer. Required accessories include a usb charging cable and AC adapter.
- Tilt hydrometer powered on (not in vertical position). Get it here.
Once you have put together the above 8 items, you can build your Tilt Pi. Below are the instructions:
- Burn “tiltpi.img.gz” to 8GB+ SD card using Etcher.
- After burning complete, re-insert card into PC, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Open “SETUP.html” file in Chrome of Firefox on the SD card named (“boot”) Follow instructions to create WiFi configuration file and Cloud Logging configuration file.
- After configuration files have been copied to the SD card, eject card and insert into Raspberry Pi.
- Plug-in Raspberry pi with connected micro-USB cable and AC adapter.
- Within 2 minutes, Tilt Pi will detect your Tilt hydrometer and send an email with a link to your cloud log and a link to your Tilt Pi interface accessible within your local WiFi network. Note: Tilt hydrometer must be powered on to complete setup.
Functions of the Tilt Pi app are similar to the iPhone/Android app. Please contact Baron Brew at firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues setting up your system.