Tilt™ Pi (Raspberry Pi SD Card Image Download)
Introducing the Tilt Pi. An app that logs your Tilt readings and runs on the popular Raspberry Pi 3 and Zero W out of the box with no additional hardware (both have WiFi and Bluetooth 4+ / BLE). It also works on Raspberry Pi 2 with WiFi and BLE adapters. The easiest way to get started is to download our free Tilt Pi image, write it to an 8GB or more SD card, and insert into a Raspberry Pi 3 or Zero W.
To facilitate WiFi and cloud logging setup, we have included a "SETUP.html" file on the SD card. So after making your SD card on a Mac, PC, or Linux (i.e. Raspberry PI) computer, locate the file "SETUP.html" on the SD card named "boot". This file will guide you through creating the configuration files to copy over your SD card to get your Tilt Pi going. Once configured it will connect to your local WiFi network and you'll receive an email with a link to your cloud data log as well as link to your Tilt Pi dashboard to change settings, calibrate, and view data on your local network. If you have had trouble with reliable logging on one of your tablet or phone devices in the past, this is a great option. We do not sell the Raspberry Pi 3 or Zero W, however there are many options online to purchase in the region you are in. Costs for a basic set up should be under US $40. We plan to make continual improvements on this platform, however here are the initial features:
- Reliable cloud and local logging using built-in Bluetooth and WiFi wireless technology
- Streamlined WiFi and cloud setup using Mac or PC. Once the SD card is configured on a PC/Mac and inserted into the Raspberry Pi, the system starts logging data immediately upon boot up.
- Familiar dashboard similar to iPhone / Android app and is accessible anywhere on connected local WiFi network via standard web browser.
- Variable cloud logging intervals (Google Sheets or others) as well as local logging intervals
- SG calibration: Simplified calibration interface and improve ability to enter and edit individual points.
- Celsius and Fahrenheit options
- Link to Google Sheet directly from the main display. Just click on the display to go straight to your Google Sheet log.
- Downloaded Tilt Pi SD card image file from Baron Brew. Get it here.
- PC, Mac, or Linux computer to configure SD card.
- Micro SD card, 8GB or more.
- SD Card Reader for above computer.
- Chrome or Firefox.
- Etcher for ‘burning’ an SD Card. Get it here.
- Raspberry Pi 3 or Zero W. Purchase here or any other retailer. Required accessories include a usb charging cableand AC adapter.